Venmo is a known mobile app to share or transfer funds for peer-to-peer or within your social circle. To make it more interactive to the user, they can send or request money with emoji-studded text messages that are provided in the Facebook-style feed. If you are one of the fresh users and do not know how to link bank account to Venmo then don’t worry.
You need to understand that with the Venmo account your amount details along with your personal details are safe and secured. It is only up to you to change the visibility of your payments so that transactions can be public for anyone to see or you can choose the transactions to be private. Through this article, we will learn about the steps to link bank account to Venmo, so let’s begin!
Is it safe to link bank account to Venmo?
Those who are using the Venmo bank account for the first time need to acknowledge that it is generally safe and the company uses bank-level encryption to keep your data safe and secured. You can easily add the pin number and enable multi-factor authentication in order to make your Venmo account even more secure.
What are the steps to link bank account to Venmo?
Through this section, you will get to learn the basic steps to link bank account to Venmo, so let us begin to discuss!
- Link your step card for making payments: You can add your Step card to the Venmo account so that you can make instant transfers via the Venmo app. You need to keep in mind that the step card is a credit card and Venmo may charge an extra fee for sending the money using the funding source.
- Link the step as a bank account using the Plaid: You have to link to Venmo so that you can transfer your money into the Step account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to open the Venmo app.
- Tap on the three lines from the left corner of the page to open the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Payment methods”.
- Search for the “Step” when asked to enter your bank name.
- Just enter the phone number and open the Step app.
- Click on the “Get a code” option.
- Tap on the code to copy it.
- Click on the “Done” option.
- Now, return to the other app and paste the code.
- Link as bank account manually: If you are unable to see Plaid as an option to link your bank account then you can do it manually, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Tap on the 3 bar menu icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Payment methods”.
- After this, you have to select the “Add bank” or card.
- Choose the Bank and select the “Manual Verification” option.
- Now enter the step routing and account numbers.
- Your step bank account may appear as a bank account from the “Evolve Bank & Trust” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
By the end of this topic, we hope that you are now clear with the steps that are highlighted in this article to link bank account to Venmo. However, we recommend you to get assistance from Venmo Customer Service available online to assist you round the clock. The customer support team will assist you with the proper guide to be followed as directed by the experts.